Sunday, February 7, 2021

COMING SOON!

Hello! My name is Melissa and I have been a resident of Fairfax, Ohio my entire life. For quite some time I have wanted to compile the history of Fairfax in a blog. Although I believe there was talk of organizing a historical society a few years ago, to the best of my knowledge no such organization currently exists.

At this point, I have accessed several hundred newspaper articles and reached out to several people for memories, photos, and information. Comments on my blog are welcome, but will be moderated prior to posting to hopefully make this a positive experience for all readers. I am also open to suggestions and encourage you to submit your memories, photos, and documentation. I can be reached by email at FairfaxOhioHistory@gmail.com.

 Just a sneak peek at some of the topics I anticipate writing about:

·        Considerations of whether to incorporate Fairfax as a village or annex to the City of Cincinnati;

·        Fairfax’s gambling problem;

·        Prominent residents;

·        Crime (yes, there is, and has always been, crime in Fairfax);

·        Fairfax Elementary School and its teachers;

·        Community events;

·        Some quirky happenings (one involves a seven-leaf clover and another a lion on the loose).

I don’t have an anticipated date for my first post because I already have a great deal of information to organize. When I am finally able to begin posting, my goal is to publish at least one article per month.

This blog is not associated with the Village of Fairfax and the articles, unless otherwise stated, will be written by me with input from the kind people who send me information.

No comments:

Post a Comment